Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Interesting Yearbook Quotes

Some of my favorites.

Doug Alessio: "The time has come to crush the mouth that bites the hand that feeds it" -Spiro Agnew (Spiro Agnew???)

Barbara Aster: "And now for something completely different." -John Cleese

Chris Bowhay: "When it gets dark enough you can see the stars." -C.A. Beard

Don Dornblaser: "If you have been measuring the temperature of the water in your three test cups, you should have enough data by now." (who was this? Tippary?)

Brian Duckering: "You can lead a duck to water but you can't make him sink; which shows you can't keep a good duck down."

Seth Hansell: "As a circle of light increases, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."

Jon Hastings: "It's hard being bean."

Anneliese Hopwood: "There are universes begging for Gods...yet he hangs around this one looking for work."

Andrea Lee: "I move my feet to the pop tart beat." -Kellogg's

John Lee: "Yes, I am a Senior!!!"

Mike Sela: "Hey, wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!!" -Gary Larson (pasted into the book, see below)

Ted Wait: "NO BRAINS NO HEADACHES" -Mazz (the music teacher, Tony Mazzaferro).

Raquel White: "Twelve years of schooling are coming to an end...come to think of it, I'll have a Heineken."

Some of the authors/groups quoted:

Music (yes, it was the '80s!):
Prince, Billy Joel, Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, The Who, David Bowie, The Doors, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Monkees, Altar Boys, Steve Miller, Simple Minds, Asia, Bryan Adams, Flock of Seagulls, Hall and Oates, Styx, Judas Priest, David Lee Roth, Shriekback, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin

Politicians:
Spiro Agnew, Ben Franklin, Adolf Hitler (Tell me, they wouldn't let Mike Sela quote Gary Larson, but this one got in???)

Did Steve Scholz and Mark Schmidt really choose the same quote by Aristotle, or did the yearbook staff mess it up?

I remember being surprised that so many people chose Bible quotes.

5 comments:

Nutmeg said...

If I recall correctly, they wouldn't let Mike use his Gary Larson quote because they thought he was talking about pot? (grass) Yet the Heineken was passed through? Weird.

Meg

Scholz said...

Mark and I both chose the same quote independently, and since Schmidt and Scholz are next to each other, it looked a little odd. I remember wishing O came before M so people wouldn't think I copied Mark.

Mr. Herney said...

As I recall, Jon Hastings quote was supposed to read:" It’s not easy being Bean" (a la Kermit the Frog)
My sarcastic quote, "I'm a little bit country. I'm a little bit rock 'n roll. -Donny & Marie" never got printed.

Dr. Jeff said...

There were numerous instances of quotes being "edited" or otherwise mistakenly copied by the yearbook staff.

Anonymous said...

I was there in class, (pretty sure it was Mr. Wilcox's Physics class? Maybe Mr. Tippary's chemistry class) when Don Dornblaser, who was in my lab group, decided to choose a phrase (this one) at random from his chemistry book.

Brett Sanders