Monday, June 23, 2008

Gary MacVicar

I toured the great state of California dabbling at college throughout the late 80's and early 90's at august institutions such as San Diego State, Cuesta JC, Chico State and Butte College, more or less in that order.

Graduated from Chico in '92 with a degree in Philosophy and an EMT-P from Butte College. I worked as a medic in Chico, Oakland (crazy) and finally at Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara, where I shared a small house in the hills with one Mr. Thomas Camp, his girlfriend of the time and a pot bellied pig named Zoe (the pig was oft rumored to be my girlfriend, but I swear I never touched her). It was at the ripe age of 27 I decided it was time to think about growing up and try to make a living that supported more than my rent, outrigger canoe club dues and cheap beer habit.

I got a sales gig at a Silicon Valley company called NetManage and have been in hooked ever since. The last 9 years I have been in the CDN (Content Delivery Network) space and currently run Western US sales for a company called BitGravity. Among other sites we stream Revision3 and the Tom Green Show live, 24/7 from his living room, www.tomgreen.com.

I will have been married 9 years this August to my beautiful wife DeeDee (Acalanes Class of '88) and we have three daughters; Chloe 6, Audrey 4 and Sadie 9 months. We live in Healdsburg, a small town in Sonoma wine country and love it! Any/all of you who ever find yourselves up our way please let us know!

Gary MacVicar - Dir. Western Sales BitGravity
gmacvicar AT bitgravity.com

No comments: