Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tom Camp

Tom Camp writes in. Tom, don't forget what Buck Owens said:

"I've done a thousand miles of thumbin'
I've worn holes in both my heels
Trying to find me something better
On the streets of Bakersfield"

*******
I spent some time yesterday taking a look at the site. It is a great idea and nicely executed.

Hell's Bells...what have I been up to???? Aside from working on a cure for cancer and trying to bring peace to the Middle East?...I've pursued my own selfish personal gain, got married and had .8 too many children, lost almost as much money as I have made and gained 40 lbs.

I'm now a corporate soldier, fighting at the edges of the empire in Bakersfield, CA. Someday I'll earn my way back to a metropolitan area and cooler temperatures.

All kidding aside, I'm married and have three boys (2, 4, and 7). I really don't get out much and try to travel twice a year with the family. We like things quiet around the house, as our kids supply all the noise we can handle and sap our strength, so I can understand why my neighbors hated us in W.C.

My dad has an old prep school buddy living in Las Cruces, NM. I understand it is a great place to live. Congratulations on your baby girl. It is great to hear from you and I really appreciate your putting this site together.

No comments: