Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Seth Hansell

Seth Hansell teaches physics at Northfield Mount Hermon, a private school in western Massachusetts:

Seth Hansell
Title: Physics Teacher

BA, Reed College
MS, University of Arizona

Courses: Algebra/Physics; Introductory Physics; AP Physics B&C; Weather & Climate; Physics Research

Teaching at NMH: Teaching for me is an extension of learning. Students in my classes regularly ask me difficult questions to which I don’t already know the answer. Thus, I learn more as I help them find the answers for themselves. I also beleive that students at NMH are great at teaching each other about their own interests, and I make sure that there is room in my classes for students to be able to do just that. I strongly believe that to truly learn a concept, you need to teach it to another person. This applies outside of the classroom as well.

Experience: At NMH 1998; Hersey Faculty Fellowship

Coaches: Volleyball - Girls JV, Volleyball - Boys JV

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: