Monday, June 16, 2008

Greg Parikh

One of the first respondents! Greg Parikh

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for putting this together. Such memories...

Quick Blurb:

Went to College in So Cal, BA in Bus Mgtm
Did an acting and modeling stint, got cast in Soap Opera pilot (did not get picked up!).
Pictures included (I think I beat your mullet!)

Came back to Walnut Creek in 1990 and opened up a Health Club (Body by Jake Fitness Center).
Met my wife at the club (Acalanes and Cal Poly/St. Mary's grad). Married now for 16 years, two lovely daughters (8 and 11 years old), and we live in San Ramon. Picture of my three girls included.

Sold the club a few years later and worked for various companies as an Operations Analyst, Controller, Business Manager, Asst. Regional General Manager, and finally I have been with PeopleSoft/Oracle for 8 years now, as the Dir. of PeopleSoft Information Development. I love working for the company, even after having to endure the 18 month hostile takeover. I have teams here in Pleasanton and in India. I travel occasionally, but not too often, which is good because I would miss my daughters way too much. It was great getting back to India, as I had not been there since a childhood visit back in 1980.

We are complete suburbanites, and I even coach my daughters Lacrosse team. Wouldn't have it any other way!




greg.parikh AT oracle.com


No comments: